Shop Ethical Man Made Diamonds, Engagement Rings, and Jewelry

Platinum Wedding Bands

Platinum wedding bands are a top quality item in bridal jewelry. Why platinum? Especially when it's so much more costly than gold wedding bands? Well, there are many people who prefer 14 karat white gold for their wedding band and that is perfectly fine. White gold will stay a bit shinier than platinum does over time. Due to how soft platinum is, it does wear down to a more matte finish than gold does. On the flip side, platinum is far more pure than the gold alloy we use in bridal jewelry or gemstone jewelry. Eco Diamond® casts platinum wedding bands an all other platinum jewelry in 95% pure platinum. The other 5% in our platinum wedding bands is cobalt. The beauty of platinum is that it displays a clean white color all throughout. This means that as you wear it, you'll never see elements of yellow gold or copper peeping through and requiring rhodium plating. Another advantage to wearing a platinum wedding band versus a white gold wedding band relates to skin allergies. Allergies to platinum are incredibly rare, however there are many people who experience skin sensitivities to the alloys used in white gold. These alloys include copper and nickel. Depending upon the skin sensitivities of the intended recipient of the wedding band, platinum may be an added investment that is well worth it.
Grid  List 
6 Item(s) SHOW
Grid  List 
6 Item(s) SHOW